At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
We have experienced incredible growth over the last few years and we are excited to further grow our team with smart, motivated, passionate people who share our three core values – being one think ahead, being the guru and being the difference.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to be responsible for the provisioning, configuration, maintenance, and continuous delivery process to deploy and promote applications in Aptitude Cloud Service environments. This will be achieved through supporting API and external tools integration, system monitoring, user access, ticket resolution and reporting. As a key point of contact in Aptitude Cloud Service, you will create Cloud environments that are usable, reliable and consistently represent the Aptitude reputation, whilst ensuring adherence to controls and security in all lifecycle phases.
Working effectively as part of a globally distributed Cloud Operations team based across North America and Poland, you will clearly and proactively cooperate and communicate directly with clients and across multiple Aptitude business units to deliver a best of breed Aptitude Cloud Service. This role requires consistent cooperation with development, delivery, infrastructure management, and support teams to resolve problems in a reliable way and must accommodate cross time zone collaboration and client specific release windows with a flexibility in working hours.
- Facilitate the provisioning of Aptitude Cloud Service environments hosting our Aptitude Software products
- Coordinate and communicate with the infrastructure management team to successfully execute the provisioning process
- Support operational processes for day to day Aptitude Cloud Service offerings including integration, monitoring, access, and ticket resolution
- Undertake the technical configuration of environments in line with Aptitude Software product specs and client requirements
- Define and support operational processes for day to day Aptitude Cloud Service offerings including integration, monitoring, access, and ticket resolution
- Develop automated provisioning and configuration processes
- Design, develop, implement and operate controls including policies and procedures for Aptitude Software’s Cloud Services system, reassesses the suitability of design and implementation of control activities based on the operation and monitoring of those activities, and update the controls as necessary
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Experience in build and release management and/or software development
- At least one year’s experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with an AWS certification at Associate level or higher
- Ideally with some experience in or exposure to Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Linux and Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Delivery tools and processes
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with the infrastructure management team to successfully execute the provisioning process
- Can perform effectively under pressure and manage internal expectations around resolutions and timelines using logical and concise language
- Ability to work independently and determine priorities of tasks as part of a geographically separated team
- Some flexibility in working hours to accommodate cross time zone collaboration and customer specific release windows
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button below, including your CV and any other useful information that will help us to get to know you better.