At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
We have experienced incredible growth over the last few years, and we are excited to further grow our team with smart, motivated, passionate people who share our three core values – being one think ahead, being the guru and being the difference.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
As Head of Strategy you will provide a critical and strategic perspective on the future evolution of Aptitude Software and its product portfolio. You must be able to proactively work with and influence within Aptitude Software, our global strategic Partners, prospects and our clients, and drive thought leadership, strategic direction and innovation into our products and services and across our key go-to-markets.
You will have deep knowledge of Finance IT, finance transformation, accounting, the future of finance/digital finance and regulatory markets, and the value CFOs are looking to drive out of their finance architecture. This knowledge will be utilised to independently develop, maintain and grow senior-level engagement with global prospects, clients and strategic partners. You will evangelise on behalf of Aptitude Software and will be a trusted partner and advisor both externally and internally. Your deep knowledge, experience, curiosity and passion for continuous improvement will translate into the products and services that are built and value they drive. You will continuously engage with global strategic partners directly to gain insight into current and future trends, to bring day in the life insight, to validate hypotheses, and gain buy-in on Aptitude’s approach to tackling how to support the CFO office and future of finance/digital finance change. You will apply your knowledge to understand external changes affecting the company and exploring how they could be powerful catalysts for internal evolution and revenue generation.
The Head of Strategy has a leading role in connecting Aptitude Software to the market. You will be involved in selling Aptitude Software’s capability and solutions to partners, clients and prospects and helping to maintain long-term and mutually beneficial relationships.
You will take responsibility for cracking some of our partner, prospect and clients’ toughest problems and presenting value-add, return on investment and insights in a compelling way that convinces action to be taken.
Ensuring the company covers all bases, you will challenge the status quo; play devil’s advocate and challenge the company to stay agile, responsive, and open to change. You will ask leadership the tough questions — What if, why not? What’s stopping you? Have you thought of?
You will evangelise innovation so that Aptitude Software is viewed as innovative, visionary and a market leader by partners, clients, industry groups and media.
The Head of Strategy will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing inspirational, digital finance-based thought leadership to the evolution of the vision of Aptitude Software and its product portfolio, including input to the product roadmaps with a wide range of validated external input
- Tuning into promising ideas and finding ways to introduce them into the company’s future vision. Ensuring all ideas are reality tested – that are effective, not too costly or beyond the scope of Aptitude’s mission or ability to develop.
- Building a strong network of internal and external connections who can support collaboration and provide valuable feedback across all areas of the business
- Developing a deep understanding of our markets, potential prospects, clients and partners by leveraging insights from internal and external source
- Identifying new market spaces. This will include analysing trends and market disruptions and searching for emerging new market opportunities with input from external sources and the wider organization
- Collaborating with the product strategy team and the wider business to transform ideas and concepts into workable solutions
- Providing leadership, inspiration and direction to the Strategic Finance Advisory and Product Strategy and Innovation team
- Bringing a unique perspective to Aptitude Software’s proposition and positioning in the market and ensuring it is compelling, differentiated and outlines the value it can bring to an organization with real life examples
- Championing a process of continual improvement
- Encouraging creative thinking in employees and finding ways to nurture innovative thinking across all areas of the company.