At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you’ll do
A Junior Consultant provides Production management services to our global clients, partners, and implementation teams. It is a client-focused role, which involves managing issues on client systems, applying updates and workarounds for known issues, logging tickets, and ensuring they progress to completion while keeping clients updated. The role may be dedicated to one client or require working for multiple clients.
The role requires a basic knowledge of Aptitude products with the logical and technical skills to carry out initial investigation of client issues while working closely with Aptitude Consultants and Product Support teams. Issues may be caused by data, environment, software product, or custom software/configuration, which means a thorough and wide-ranging investigation will be needed.
This role may require working flexible hours across time zones, as well as possible standby cover during weekends and/or bank holidays and special events.
A key part of the role will be to proactively continue personal development and be driven to consistently deliver value outcomes for Aptitude Software. A Junior Consultant will be expected to develop expertise in Aptitude Products to support potential growth opportunities beyond Product management at clients.
Although not an exhaustive list, a Junior Consultant must be proficient in the following Skills and Behaviours.
What we’re looking for
Problem Solving and Client Service
- Communicate in a concise and timely manner to support requests from clients, partners, and consultants
- Tenacity in owning assigned calls through to resolution.
- Provide clear and concise client updates
- Ability to correctly assess if an issue is a known error and apply a known workaround
- Adhere to established processes to ensure consistent and repeatable results
- Judge when an issue should be escalated to management and technical teams
- Empathy to be able to maintain knowledge base of how to fix errors for knowledge transfer to team members who have not encountered the same scenario
- Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environments
- Understanding of relational databases
- Knowledge of some technologies used within Aptitude Software products
Proficient in the English language to be able to effectively communicate (verbally and written) with employees across the company