At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes & experience:
- Good English skills, min. B2.
- 1-year experience in technical support, software development or consultancy,
- Analytical, Customer-focused, Problem-solving and Quick-learner,
- Ability to provide conscise and accurate updates and explanations to clients or other team members,
- Ability to accurately follow scripts and instructions provided by a separate team
- Ability to identify known issues and document them for the whole support team
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of batch management tools like Control M
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL code to be able to query Oracle and Teradata databases
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems and command-line tools,
- Basic understanding of accounting principles would be advantageous.
Availability and work shifts:
- Shift work that could be a mixture of day (10:00 – 18:00) and night shifts (mainly 18:00 – 02:00, but possibly also 02:00 – 10:00)
- For contingency reason – standby cover will be required as well during shifts mentioned above.
- Cover on weekends may be required (min. 1 weekend per month) as well as occasional cover on public holidays (all depending on exact arrangements with the Team).