At Aptitude we love complexity.
We immerse ourselves in the intricacies of finance digitization, subscription management, compliance, and revenue management which gives us the power to make a real impact. Once we understand how an organization works, we can implement software solutions that provide the clarity, confidence, and control they need to drive growth and achieve their ambitions.
Aptitude has served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients to achieve their strategies and ambitions. We are currently serving over 75 CFOs whose organisations generate a combined revenue of over $1 Trillion.
We are proud of our growing team of smart, motivated and passionate people, and believe diverse experiences and perspectives build stronger teams and better solutions.
Headquartered in London, we have seven office locations around the world with clients across four continents.
What you'll do and what we offer
We want to provide our people with the best possible experience, in the most efficient way. Our People Reporting and Systems Lead brings all our people systems and processes together to ensure we do just that!
You will be the subject matter expert for everything process related within the People and Culture team, with automation at the forefront to ensure efficiency. This means you will be responsible for the technology we use, the data and reporting we prepare to make informed decisions, right the way through to the global people processes we run to make the experience a great one for our people and our People & Culture team. This includes both processes we use in the People & Culture team as well as cross functional processes.
You will use your skills, knowledge and experiences to provide sound advice and guidance when it comes to shaping how we run our people operations, working with the whole People & Culture team to make sure we add value to all stages of the employee lifecycle and experience that we create.
In addition to collaborating effectively with a number of key internal stakeholders including the global People and Culture team and wider support teams, you will also own relationships with vendors to make sure we are getting value for money with the services we buy in to support our global people operations. You will demonstrate an ability to be able to interpret the varying needs of a global organisation, ensuring that the systems and processes that you design and implement deliver compliance, innovation, efficiency and quality insights and data.
We know that our systems and processes are not perfect, there are improvements that can be made to drive efficiencies and improved experience, and we want to hear your ideas! Your logical approach will see you act as the ‘devil’s advocate’ and conscience of the team, as you look to drive a methodical, logical and structured approach in ensuring that data is accurate, and our processes have impact whilst at the same time being both legally compliant and in line with ISO 9001.
Although not an exhaustive list, the People Reporting and Systems Lead must have the necessary skills, knowledge, communication/people skills, and commercial skills to fulfil the following accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Systems Thinking: You will drive an effective and analytical approach as you understand how different processes and systems interact and influence each other and make up the whole people system at Aptitude.
- You will critically analyse how these systems connect to one another and identify recommendations for improvement that drives positive outcomes and efficiency.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to understand the pain points, preferences, and expectations of internal stakeholders for each of our systems and processes then using your skill to design and implement effective solutions that address these needs.
- Outcome Based Reporting: You will use your business analysis knowledge and experience to implement up to date reporting that draws on both quantitative and qualitative data that provides clear insights and information to Aptitude at the touch of a button.
- Quality Assurance and Documentation Leaderships: You will be responsible for the design and implementation of a quality framework that demonstrates ISO9001 compliance for all people practices and systems, using your influence to define and drive the highest standards across the team and organisation.
- End to End Process Mapping: Define and create clear end to end processes that provides a clear audit trail and documentation suite when it comes to our people processes. You will be responsible for communicating and engaging people with these processes in conjunction with the other members of the People and Culture team.
- As the subject matter expert, you will take the lead in making sure that key knowledge regarding our systems and processes is documented and communicated effectively to all key stakeholders.
- Systems Maintenance and Accuracy: With the support of the People Partners and the People Operations team, you will ensure that all people related systems provide accurate and real-time information with our core HR information system being viewed as the ‘source of truth’ for all people related data.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders such as Finance, ensuring that requirements are actioned and implemented into the relevant systems.
- System Based Maintenance and Reporting: You will ensure that relevant and regular reports are run at the agreed cadences, ensuring that internal and external systems are kept up to date.
- People Operations: Certain global people operations process will sit within your accountable. You will ensure that these processes run smoothly.
- Stakeholder Communication: Effectively communicate progress, updates, and challenges to internal and external stakeholders, emphasizing the utilization of best-in-class processes, systems and technology.
- Best Practice Insights: You will keep a close eye on industry trends and latest technologies to identify opportunities for streamlining and improvement when it comes to our existing people processes and systems. This will include the use of AI as we think about how this technology will transform our way of working.
We’ll provide you with the opportunity to grow your expertise in an environment that supports you, your life and your career.
We’ll also offer you a competitive salary plus profit-related bonus scheme, as well as the following benefits:
- Private healthcare
- Life and disability insurance
- ShareSave scheme – ability to purchase company shares on preferential terms
- English language lessons during working hours
- Flexible working conditions and hybrid work model for Wroclaw based and telework for other cities
Diversity and Inclusion
If you’re interested in working at Aptitude, but don’t feel you meet every single requirement of the role, we’d still like to hear from you! A diverse workforce is an essential part of our culture, and we’re dedicated to ensuring that our staff can show up as their authentic self – safe in the knowledge that their differences will be embraced and respected by all. We’re strong advocates of supporting applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds which include different ages, genders, ethnicities, physical abilities and sexual orientation, and we work hard to build the confidence of our workforce through inclusivity, equity and ongoing training. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. You might be just the candidate we’ve been looking for, whether it’s for this role or another.