At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
As a Practice Director, PMO, you will be considered a leading figure within the region’s Professional Services organization; providing steering and support to numerous projects as well as leading the North America PMO and the project managers within it. You will be expected to fully understand and ensure the agreed outcomes of implementations are delivered and will be ultimately accountable for the success of project delivery across your region, including, but not limited to, commercial success, client satisfaction, and a stable and fulfilled implementation team.
The role requires confidence and leadership which enables clients to build trust in our team and company. Critical to the success of this will be your proficient client communication and management skills. You are expected to drive and inspire others around you.
You are the steward of Aptitude Software’s project management framework and therefore responsible for its continued improvement, the dissemination of its best practices and the quality of its implementation within your projects.
- Provide senior delivery management across the portfolio of implementations for the region with the purpose of improving the operations of Professional Services and achieve commercial success.
- Recruit and mentor a team of high performing Professional Service project managers.
- Partner with sales and solution consulting teams to qualify, scope, and prioritize opportunities to ensure adequate project pipeline exists to sustain business.
- Provide oversight to the delivery teams to pre-empt risk and issue management.
- Drive commercial aspects of service delivery; including SOW preparation and renewal, and any related contract challenges and payment delinquency.
- Manage and provide guidance to other members of the project and or project management team to ensure delivery against plan.
- Undertake escalation management of project out of line situations including stakeholder communication and management.
- Coordinate Aptitude Software delivery partners to ensure successful project delivery.
- Jointly manage the resource planning and forecasting across the portfolio of implementations for the region.
- Provide risk and issue management audit and assistance for delivery teams as a point of escalation.
- Lead and/or undertake assigned projects with the purpose of improving the operations of the Professional Services organisation or the firm in general.
- Own or assist with the preparation of materials for management forums, and papers in support of senior management requests.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- A strong track record in managing large-scale implementation projects and ideally with prior experience in a professional services organization providing software to organizations.
- B2B enterprise software implementation experience.
- Proven ability in planning and overseeing all aspects of delivery including budget, quality, risk (commercial & delivery), client satisfaction and solution assurance.
- Demonstrated experience of managing and maintaining related resource planning/forecasting and deliverables.
- Experienced in use of multiple project management methodologies (Agile and Waterfall), preferably also with a project management qualification, and able to drive and own the implementation of the appropriate best practice project processes, delivery standards and commercial engagement terms.
- Experienced in assessing delivery risk, current and future, across different projects and in developing plans to mitigate delivery issues, such as leading the establishment of best practice approaches or validating more tactical solutions.
- Proven ability in establishing and maintaining a “trusted advisor” relationship with the client and partner stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively and productively communicate with stakeholders at all levels, C level, finance, IT and project.
- High levels of resilience, drive and energy – strong desire and ability to ‘make things happen’.
Where you'll be
Boston with significant travel in-country and/or overseas.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply now button below and include your CV and any other information that will help us to get to know you better.