At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
We have experienced incredible growth over the last few years and we are excited to further grow our team with smart, motivated, passionate people who share our three core values – being one think ahead, being the guru and being the difference. We are proud of the team we’re building, and believe diverse experiences and perspectives build stronger teams and better products.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
As Pre-Sales Consultant you will be a key contributor during sales engagements, partnering with sales team members on new and existing client engagements by working with other pre-sales consultants to support the functional and technical aspects of the sales process. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the proposed solution aligns Aptitude Software (‘Aptitude’) product capabilities with client requirements, and propose approaches and options based upon your knowledge of the Aptitude product suite.
You will leverage your knowledge of financial management processes and accounting systems, as well as next generation technologies and cloud architecture, and have experience deploying SaaS solutions. These, combined with a growing understanding of Aptitude products, will support the creation and presentation of a commercially sound solution that exceeds stakeholder expectations. This also requires the ability to identify and raise issues in any presentation of a robust solution by assisting the broader team to manage risk both to the sale and delivery of the end state solution. You will further reinforce your credibility and trust with client’s representatives through your communication skills and ability to articulate Aptitude’s value.
You will configure and support the delivery of demonstrations and proofs of concept pertaining to Aptitude’s products and solutions aligned with client requirements. To ensure successful delivery during each client interaction, you will assist with the configuration process. You will manage your tasks and commitments to ensure on-time delivery.
This role will be performed through a combination of remote and in-person client meetings and you must be able to accommodate a rapidly changing schedule and related travel domestically and abroad.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Banking industry experience (Commercial, Retail or Investment), Insurance industry experience (Life, P&C, Specialty) along with an applicable accounting background.
- Demonstrated experience in pre-sales, either for a vendor technology company or a ‘Big 4’ or other consulting firm or Systems Integrator, selling services or solutions to banks.
- Ideally with financial and accounting or financial systems implementation experience, to enable the development of a thorough understanding and knowledge of Aptitude’s finance systems architecture to ensure productive solutions
- Strong understanding of Cloud Architecture and connectivity, and deployment of solutions in a scalable, secure SaaS environment
- Able to articulate the value of Cloud, ‘always-on’ software
- Ability to link product capabilities to business value and relate to client pain points
- The ability to configure software solutions to meet prospect requirements
- Understanding of web-based systems and server architecture (database server, application server, presentation layer, communication between)
- Technical skills: SQL, Unix OS basic server administration and scripting
- Strong presentation skills; able to participate in the delivery of workshops to drive definition of scope aligned with Aptitude capabilities
- Ideally with experience in RFP & RFI processes through to formal presentation to senior finance executives
- Ability to manage personal tasks and deliverables to complete projects on schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, project leads and within Sales team
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button below, including your resume and any other relevant information that will help us get to know you better.