At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
As a Principal Technical Consultant, you will possess excellent domain knowledge and will assume project responsibility for the technical configuration of Aptitude Software (Aptitude) products and take ownership of components in the solution design. Critical to the success of your role will be your excellent client communication and management skills.
The role requires that your decision-making process considers risk and the commercial relationships between Aptitude and its clients, consistently striving to deliver value to all parties. You may be required to run workshops in the Scope & Analysis phases to help develop a shared vision of the end-state solution with clients.
You will liaise with Aptitude’s product development teams to inform them when clients’ requirements cannot be met by the product and work to close those gaps.
As a Principal Consultant you will help to establish best practices to be followed by your team to ensure that our delivery is fit for purpose. You will actively engage with the Centre of Excellence (CoE) and other project teams to share knowledge, best practices and lessons learned.
- Communicate in a concise and timely manner with stakeholder groups to ensure that critical information is conveyed at an appropriate level of detail
- Take responsibility for streams of work within the project; liaising with clients and leading other consultants
- Instigate development activities that implement best practice and prescribed design patterns
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to client technical development and/or production support staff to facilitate handover
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of ETL and RDBMS concepts and a deep knowledge of the fundamentals of developing database-centric applications
- Be capable of leading the database design activity
- Implement CI/CT processes to help ensure high-quality deliverables
- Be knowledgeable about performance related matters and factor these into the solution design
- Manage and coach the implementation team to deliver to the required quality and time frames
- In the context of managed services, you will design, develop, implement and operate controls including policies and procedures for Aptitude’s Cloud Services system. You will reassess the suitability of design and implementation of control activities based on the operation and monitoring of those activities and update the controls as necessary
- Conduct detailed technical, (design and/or development) reviews as and when required
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- An exceptional track record of senior/lead roles on large and complex enterprise-wide implementations
- Experienced with the full project life-cycle and the management of a technical team
- Proven experience within a consulting-led environment
- Strong persuasion and leadership skills
- Demonstrable experience in an application development role within a project team environment
- Experience in Data Warehouses. Experience in Reporting Data Marts will be advantageously viewed
- Accounting knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience of designing Financial Systems/ General Ledger Projects within Financial Services is an advantage
- Experience in General Ledger package configuration advantageous
- Technical bias with business awareness
- DBA/Database skills: SQL: at least one of Oracle, DB2, Teradata, SQL Server
- Some programming language such as Java or C#
- ETL, BI
- Unix scripting useful
- Webservices useful: XML, Tomcat or JBoss
- Data Schema Design useful
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) in English
Where you'll be
Singapore with regular travel to client and project teams for extended periods.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply now button below and include your CV and any other information that will help us get to know you better.
Principal Technical Consultant