At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
We have experienced incredible growth over the last few years and we are excited to further grow our team with smart, motivated, passionate people who share our three core values – being one think ahead, being the guru and being the difference. We are proud of the team we’re building, and believe diverse experiences and perspectives build stronger teams and better products.
What you'll do
The Product Management team sits at the technical and commercial intersection of the business and is responsible for designing a portfolio strategy which ensures Aptitude Software is evolving product capability in line with current and future market demands. The team collectively shapes the future direction of the Aptitude Software product portfolio in line with company strategy and ensures the company maintains and grows a leading position in its key markets.
The Product Management team is the voice of and expert in the products within Aptitude Software’s portfolio internally and externally. They control the evolution of the product through collecting market, client and prospect requirements and ensuring that the development function executes on those to maximize the commercial success of the business.
The Product Associate will support their dedicated Product Owner in their work on the strategic activities for their product—including analysing market trends and refining a product strategy—and will take a leading role in the operational management of the product on a day to day basis.
The Product Associate will focus primarily on ensuring the smooth delivery of consistent value throughout the product lifecycle and will work with the development team and stakeholders across Aptitude to ensure that a sufficient set of refined requirements are available for development in any given sprint. They will help the Product Owner weight priorities and execute on the most valuable product changes.
The Product Associate will support their Product Owner in a range of strategic product activities, including:
- Maintaining an up to date view of market trends and associated implications for both their product(s) and Aptitude Software as a business.
- Developing and refining a product strategy which delivers value to the market, clients, and business.
- Evangelising the benefits of their product(s) across the wider organization with confidence and clarity and ensuring that all relevant teams within the business can communicate this message effectively.
- Coordinating activities across the business to successfully bring their product(s) to market.
They will develop an understanding of relevant market trends, as well as a nuanced view of the specific business problems and user needs which their product has been designed to address. They will be able to articulate the functional capabilities of the product to a wide variety of audiences and will be considered a subject matter expert in the product(s) of focus. They will understand the technical considerations of different design and technology choices made when developing their product(s).
The Product Associate will also play a leading role in the operational management of the product(s), including:
- Analysis of product changes raised by clients and Aptitude teams, with a focus on outlining the key Business Requirements and Functional Requirements which the product would need to meet in order to deliver value.
- Proactive coordination of stakeholders across the business to ensure that information on product requirements is shared in a timely fashion and a sufficient degree of completeness for use in development.
- Management of the backlog of product priorities and plan sprints in collaboration with the Product Owner to ensure the product and development teams have a sufficient pool of refined requirements to effectively deliver value in every release.
- Developing materials to communicate product priorities to the wider Aptitude community, including both internal and external stakeholders.
- Independently leading discrete Agile development workstreams or product initiatives at the request of the Product Owner and providing product management guidance as appropriate to the development team and others in the business to successfully deliver on these initiatives.
- Establishing strong relationships within the development organization and other parts of the business to influence positive outcomes for the product.
- Supporting client conversations on product benefits, roadmap direction, and other topics in close cooperation with the Product Owner.
The Product Associate will develop an advanced understanding of the application of Agile methodologies, in particular Scrum working practices, in enterprise software delivery. They will be able to communicate effectively across a range of audiences and will develop a set of soft influencing tactics to deliver on their goals.