At Aptitude we love complexity.
We immerse ourselves in the intricacies of finance digitization, subscription management, compliance, and revenue management which gives us the power to make a real impact. Once we understand how an organization works, we can implement software solutions that provide the clarity, confidence, and control they need to drive growth and achieve their ambitions.
Aptitude has served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients to achieve their strategies and ambitions. We are currently serving over 75 CFOs whose organisations generate a combined revenue of over $1 Trillion.
We are proud of our growing team of smart, motivated and passionate people, and believe diverse experiences and perspectives build stronger teams and better solutions.
Headquartered in London, we have seven office locations around the world with clients across four continents.
What you'll do and what we offer
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, implement and maintain financial solutions for insurance business using Java, Spring and associated frameworks, SQL
- Analyse the business requirements and translate them into efficient software solutions
- Practicing TDD by creating unit and integration tests and supporting testers in the team as needed
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure consistency
- Work in Agile development methodology as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Promote best coding practises and provide peer code review
We’ll provide you with the opportunity to grow your expertise in an environment that supports you, your life and your career.
We’ll also offer you a competitive salary plus profit-related bonus scheme, as well as the following benefits:
- Private healthcare
- Life and disability insurance
- ShareSave scheme – ability to purchase company shares on preferential terms
- English language lessons during working hours
- Flexible working conditions and hybrid work model for Wroclaw based and telework for other cities
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- 4+ years of commercial experience in commercial software development and design
- Practical experience with:
– Java, Spring (4 + years)
– DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration
- Sense of humour and strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills
- Very good spoken and written English
- Practical experience with any of the below will be a plus:
– Angular 12+
– JIRA, Confluence
- Experience in Agile development lifecycle
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button below, including your CV/resume and any other relevant information that will help us get to know you better.
Diversity and Inclusion
If you’re interested in working at Aptitude, but don’t feel you meet every single requirement of the role, we’d still like to hear from you! A diverse workforce is an essential part of our culture, and we’re dedicated to ensuring that our staff can show up as their authentic self – safe in the knowledge that their differences will be embraced and respected by all. We’re strong advocates of supporting applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds which include different ages, genders, ethnicities, physical abilities and sexual orientation, and we work hard to build the confidence of our workforce through inclusivity, equity and ongoing training. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. You might be just the candidate we’ve been looking for, whether it’s for this role or another.
Senior/Regular Java Developer
Remote job, Poland Apply now