At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over twenty years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients to achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group Plc.
What you'll do
The Solution Consultant partners with sales team members on new and existing customer engagements and is primarily responsible for aligning Aptitude Software product capabilities with customer requirements and developing and demonstrating financial and business solutions which will satisfy the customer’s needs. An accomplished, self-motivated finance systems professional, finance business analyst or presales/technical consultant who has experience creating finance solutions across a variety of industry sectors. This role is expected to undertake some travel throughout North America as required, with occasional trips to Europe (which may include Head Office in London and Development in Wroclaw, Poland) or Asia Pacific.
- Configure demonstrations of Aptitude Software products and solutions to customer requirements
- Assist with workshops to drive definition of scope and Aptitude Software capabilities, provide best practice advice/ design of the solution
- Assist with the design and propose solutions based upon Aptitude Software’s products and capabilities
- Support RFP & RFI processes
- Assist with the prepare solution estimates and high-level project scope outlines
- Manage tasks and deliverables in order to complete projects on schedule
- Communicate effectively with the customer, project leads and within the Sales team
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Ability to identify and translate customer requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible to new situations and challenges
- Experience with implementing one or more of the following: Financial Systems, General Ledger, ETL, Data Warehousing, or Enterprise Reporting projects
- Experience in working with data driven projects (i.e. Data warehouses, data-marts, accounting engines, sub-ledgers, general ledgers)
- Strong design experience and quality development, which must include SQL and an understanding of RDBMS theory and design
- Highly intelligent, creative and innovative, with the discipline and hands-on approach and personal drive to achieve practical results
- Consulting experience in a Big 4 (or similar) or Systems Integrator firm is desired, as is sector experience in Financial Services or Insurance
- Back-office Finance IT Architecture experience is desired
In addition, design experience in any of the following is a plus:
- PLSQL programming and broad RDBMS experience
- Dimensional modelling – reference/metadata solutions
- Design and implementation in various ETL toolsets
- Rules design, development and implementation using a graphical business rules engine and application builder
Where you'll be
Boston with occasional US travel
How to apply
Please click on the Apply now button below and include your resume and any other information that will help us to get to know you better.