At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you’ll do
- Providing an advanced level of functional and technical support to Aptitude Software’s customers regarding the company’s product portfolio.
- Engaging with company’s clients through skillful analysis, effective communication, coordination and cooperation with product management and development teams, in order to timely resolve incidents and requests.
- Maintaining a high level of client satisfaction.
- Obtaining detailed and accurate information relating to the business impact of client’s issues, utilizing effective questioning and troubleshooting techniques.
- Replicating, investigating, and diagnosing issues.
- Analyzing log files using standard debugging concepts.
- Working closely with internal Aptitude Software teams on escalated functional and technical issues, and product roadmap changes.
- Documenting issues for further diagnostic of root cause isolation when needed.
- Gathering and presenting client insights to teams across Aptitude while adhering to processes that ensure consistent and repeatable results.
- Liaising with Support management in North America, the UK and Poland.
That’s all important, true, but …
… in reality the only thing that matters is to (paraphrasing Pratchett’s words) “not only to find out whodunit, but howdunit too” not even being sure “what they dun”. So, if you have that detectivistic mind-set and enough technical knowledge to pinpoint evidence – you will be very welcome in the Second Line Support team. CSI for software, yeah!
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in a similar role,
- Very good English skills, min. B2.
- Analytical mind-set, Problem-solving, Process-driven and Quick learner
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience supporting enterprise finance software products
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Experience in Banking, Telco, High-Tech, or Insurance sectors
- Business analysis and testing experience
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Good knowledge of SQL language
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems and tools
- Knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools
- Ability to read and understand source code in programming languages like Java/C/C++/C#
- Ability to create simple ad-hoc programs or scripts
Availability and working time:
- Occasionally standby or cover on public holidays and weekends may be required (being on call-out rather than office work)
- Flexible working hours
- Possible home office
What you’ll get
- Competitive Salary
- Profit – related bonus
- Ability to purchase company shares on preferential terms
- Private healthcare (for employee and family)
- Life and disability insurance
- Social Fund (multisport card, gift card for Christmas & Easter)
- English lessons during working hours
- Training budget
- Chillout room, board games, PS4
- Fresh fruits, tea and coffee
- Work from home options
- Social Committee activities
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button below and include your CV and any other relevant information that will help us get to know you better.
L2 Support Engineer
Wroclaw, Poland Apply now