At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over twenty years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients to achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group Plc.
What you'll do
The Product team sits at the technical and commercial heart of the business and is responsible for shaping the headline portfolio strategy and ensuring Aptitude Software is evolving product capability in line with current and future market demands.
The User Experience Strategist is responsible for shaping and communicating user experience vision and design, serving as the advisor responsible for defining the overall UX vision across the product portfolio. The UX Strategist will play a critical role in driving the overall UX practice and working as an evangelist and thought leader.
This role will work alongside Product Owners, UX/UI team-members, business analysts, and development teams to identify requirements, set design goals, study users, and craft experiences that translate client and user needs into highly engaging experiences.
- Define and maintain the overall portfolio UX vision and strategy
- Work with stakeholders to ensure our UX strategy is aligned with both market and user objectives
- Advocate best practices and share emerging trends for user-centred design and user research
- Work with Product Owners to ensure products are evolving in line with the portfolio UX strategy
- Identify end user requirements to shape and prioritise features
- Input into product planning and roadmaps from a UX perspective
- Extend UX concepts and design into embedded reporting and analytics features
- Collate data from many sources to identify opportunities and recommend design directions
- Plan and conduct UX-related research, including collaborative design workshops, interviews, surveys, heuristic reviews, competitor/market analysis, analytics reviews, card sorting, usability testing, quantitative and qualitative user research
- Create research reports, personas and user journeys
- Collaboration with Product Marketing on brand guidelines, etc.
- Work within an Agile development methodology
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Solid understanding of UX design and research principles
- Expert at translating observations into insights, with a passion for user behaviour and psychology
- Experience of problem solving through design processes
- Experience conducting stakeholder workshops and interviews, and leading quantitative and qualitative UX research programs.
- Ability to collaborate with users, clients, product owners, finance SMEs, and developers to deliver the highest quality products
- Ability to track against the business requirements and offer solutions as well as enhancements based upon best practices
- Can build strategic relationships and implement processes which contribute to product quality, product success, and to customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, persuasive and presentation skills
- Knowledge of accessibility and usability standards, different technologies, and UX terminology
- Ability to working within the development workflow to take on UX-related testing
- Staying current in the wider industry of design, user patterns, user behaviours and technology
- Able to create informed metrics based recommendations and reports documenting changes and iterations for the product
- Understands and uses web analytics usage data to help improve the UX
Where you'll be
London with occasional travel to Poland.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply now button below and include your CV and any other information that will help is to get to know you better.