Finance and accounting solutions for banks

Build a data and technology architecture that can address both the tactical and strategic requirements of today’s banks – from automation, to compliance, to strategic foresight.
play icon

From governance to guidance: The finance department’s digital journey

Today’s CFO faces a myriad of challenges and a business environment that moves faster every day.

But a CFO who is empowered with operational intelligence, smart compliance, control and strategic foresight can play the role of ‘CFO Hero’ within their organizations.

Bringing control and data confidence to CFOs and their finance teams in banking

Finance departments within banks face many challenges, both traditional and new, making finance’s role more complex than ever before. CFOs must efficiently report on how their firms are delivering shareholder value but must also step into an expanded role requiring them to identify opportunities for future growth and profitability.

Unfortunately, finance teams are often held back by manual requirements and existing IT systems that weren’t designed to handle today’s rapid pace of change, high data and transaction volumes, and demand for real-time, actionable insights. And although many banks are already part-way through a digital transformation, many finance departments are being overlooked in those projects.

Why use Aptitude for Banking

  • triangle
    quote 60% of our customers use Oracle General Ledgers and still chose the Aptitude Accounting Hub (AAH) over Oracle FAH
  • triangle
    quote AAH contains built-in, banking-specific IFRS accounting rules, data models, reports, and calculations to accelerate implementation and reduce risk
  • triangle
    quote Broad coverage for Retail, Treasury & Markets, Wholesale, and Insurance financial instruments
  • triangle
    quote The Aptitude Accounting Hub (AAH) was originally co-designed with two leading global banking organizations, so from its inception it has been optimized for the banking sector
image triangle bottom right

What is the industry appetite for finance transformation in the digital age?

Today’s digital transformation initiatives come at the end of a difficult two decades for banking CFOs and their teams. Last month a group of finance executives in the banking industry gathered to discuss the evolving role of the finance function in banking, the industry’s appetite for investing in emerging technologies, and the impact of new customer channels on the finance function.

Interested in joining our next banking dining club discussion?

Download Article
counter image

A recent McKinsey Global Banking Survey found that banks spend roughly 65% of their budget on maintaining legacy architecture, leaving only 35% available for innovative initiatives.

Learn more
counter image

of retail bankers say a customer-centric business model is very important but only 17% are very prepared for it.

Learn more

Finance transformation gives the control & agility to achieve operational insight & strategic foresight

As the CFO role becomes more strategic, and assumes responsibility for technology and data analytics, many are outlining and executing a digital finance transformation to carry their organizations into the future. From more impactful data analysis, to a better customer experience, to providing a launchpad for cognitive tools, a digital finance transformation can deliver significant value to an organization.

Download our white paper charting the finance team’s journey to a digital finance transformation and what it can bring to your organization.

White paper
image triangle bottom right

Supporting the move to a Cloud General Ledger

The banking landscape continues to shift with new, technology-forward entrants coming into the market offering a tailored and completely digital platform offering for customers. In response, many established banks are finally ramping up investments in their back-office architectures to support an automated, efficient, data-enabled finance department.

For some banks, one aspect of this initiative is migrating their General Ledger solution to the cloud.

image triangle bottom right

How a focus on the customer can help you fight for a digital finance transformation

Finance tends to be the last in line for the investment necessary to drive digital finance, but not thinking about digital transformation as a holistic effort that must cover the front and back offices can have dangerous consequences.

Read More

What digital finance transformation solutions are available to banks today?

The Aptitude Accounting Hub simplifies the most complex of finance architectures, creating a ‘single view of finance’ and a launchpad for digital finance. Empowering the finance function to progressively transform and be future-ready.

Contact us to schedule an inquiry call or demo.


Book a call with one of our experts