The role of an accounting subledger in today’s finance department
Subledgers, or subsidiary ledgers, have been around for decades. Subledgers have taken many forms, from loan accounting systems to general ledger (GL) posting engines.
Today, finance needs access to more frequent, and more granular data to generate financial statements across multiple reporting requirements and meet the demands of stakeholders. Double-entry subledgers, like the one included as part of the Aptitude Accounting Hub, have become a key necessity to support the enhanced, analytics-heavy needs of the Finance department.
The Aptitude Accounting Hub includes a double-entry subledger capable of:
- Delivering Multi-GAAP, multi-entity, multi-currency reporting at a single point
- Rationalizing posting patterns, accounting rules, and business logic across all source systems
- Supporting drill-down from reported results to underlying transactions and business logic
- Ensuring comparability of reporting and dramatically reducing reconciliations
- Supporting the adoption of cloud ERP or General Ledger solutions