At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc. At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
What you'll do
The Head of Learning and Development will lead the implementation of a learning and development model that is equipped to handle the learning requirements of Aptitude Software’s people, clients and partners not only now, but over the next 5 to 10 years. You will shape and drive a learning culture from the ground up; as well as partnering with clients and partners in developing a learning community. Training and inspiring others to play their part in driving a learning culture will be a key component of your role and one of the core building blocks of Aptitude Software’s learning strategy. At its core you will need to learn about the company’s strategy and its future capability needs in order to identify learning priorities. On an individual level, it’s about creating learning environments where employees, partners and clients can continuously develop to be at their best.
This is a new and exciting role where you can really help Aptitude Software achieve its vision and goals, as we get ready to make a big impact by implementing a future thinking learning strategy that will equip our clients and partners get the most from our solutions. The strategy has already been developed at a high level and we now require an energetic, dynamic, committed and focused learning leader to drive this vision into a reality.
This role will pull on every aspect of your experience in the learning lifecycle with a focus on designing the learning collateral as well as putting in the appropriate learning platform. The right candidate will have a passion for hands-on design as well as expertise in blending adult learning theory, learning design principles and next generation learning technology.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing Aptitude Software’s learning and development strategy for clients, partners and staff.
- Leading and upskilling a team of training consultants to drive the implementation of the strategy.
- Partnering with related functional areas to establish end to end training capabilities by developing learning champions across the business.
- Identifying the learning needs of clients, partners and staff and developing the appropriate learning solutions, journeys, frameworks and curricula.
- Setting up and embedding all stages of the training lifecycle across the team and the company.
- Developing the design of learning collateral following a blended, scalable approach mixing adult learning theory, learning design principles and digital learning technology.
- Plan and implement the appropriate learning processes and platforms to enable the company to deliver learning on a global scale.
- Driving a culture of learning across the business and developing knowledge transfer structures for trainers, learning champions and subject matter experts to underpin the development of a learning community.
- Driving excellence within the team and community by role modelling and promoting industry leading practices and continual improvement initiatives.
- Managing the training P&L
what we're looking for
Our ideal candidate will have the following essential skills & experience:
Learning strategy, development, design and delivery:
- Solid experience in the implementation of learning and development strategies for fintech, financial services or professional consulting companies.
- Solid experience in the design and implementation of blended, scalable learning solutions for external, global clients as well as internal customers.
- Ability to create and deliver of all aspects of the training lifecycle; with a strong emphasis on the application of adult learning theory and learning design principles, practices and technologies to drive transfer of learning.
- Deep experience with the advantages of digital learning technology i.e. video, next generation eLearning, online ILT as well as using coaching, mentoring and facilitation methods for workshops and application of learning sessions.
- Able to translate complex software product solution requirements into easy to understand learning concepts, journeys and structures.
- Experienced in requirements gathering, training needs analysis, curriculum development, certification and accreditation programmes.
- Excellent communicate skills with a flair for collaborating with the appropriate employees when designing learning solutions to ensure consistent messages and stories, i.e. marketing, technology and financial subject matter experts as well as product developers, technical authors, project managers, business and technical consultants.
- Strong Implementation background in learning management systems and working with third party vendors in assessing and curating external learning content
- Managing a profit and loss centre.
Managing and developing learning teams, communities and culture:
- Skilled in the management and upskilling of training consultants whilst developing learning champions from other areas of the business.
- Ability to implement knowledge sharing and upskilling activities with centres of excellence and business consultants.
Interpersonal skills and experience:
- Ability to influence and indirectly manage across functional teams, at all levels of the business.
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Capable of managing multiple activities and problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Resilient and focused in order to combine hands on elements whilst driving the implementation of strategy
In addition, the following skills and experience are desirable:
- Insurance life cycle knowledge
- Accounting knowledge
- Financial Regulatory knowledge
- Cloud technology solutions
Where you'll be
London with occasional overseas travel to our other offices.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply now button below and include your CV and any other information that will help us to get to know you better.
Head of Learning and Development
London Apply now