At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
We have experienced incredible growth over the last few years and we are excited to further grow our team with smart, motivated, passionate people who share our three core values – being one think ahead, being the guru and being the difference. We are proud of the team we’re building, and believe diverse experiences and perspectives build stronger teams and better products.
What you'll do
The Product Management team sits at the technical and commercial intersection of the business and is responsible for designing a portfolio strategy which ensures Aptitude Software is evolving product capability in line with current and future market demands. The team collectively shapes the future direction of the Aptitude Software product portfolio in line with company strategy and ensures the company maintains and grows a leading position in its key markets.
The Product Management team is the voice of and expert in the products within Aptitude Software’s portfolio internally and externally. They control the evolution of the product through collecting market, client and prospect requirements and ensuring that the development function executes on those to maximize the commercial success of the business.
The Head of Product will articulate the current and future value of the portfolio and understand how Aptitude Software products solve business problems for clients. This individual will work closely with the EVP of Product & Innovation to shape the future direction of Aptitude Software’s product portfolio in line with Aptitude Software’s strategy, and to ensure that the company maintains a leading position in the key markets.
The Head of Product will lead a team of Product Owners and associated roles, whom amongst other things, will be inspired to ensure that Product remains a driving force and key differentiator for Aptitude. Alongside the EVP of Product & Innovation, the position will drive the group’s vision; overseeing the development and management of the products’ roadmaps based on the adopted strategies and vision. Building a product management culture that balances product innovation, market and customer needs with commercial integrity. Equally important will be ensuring the motivation of the team members, communicating and celebrating milestones as and when appropriate.
The Head of Product will own, communicate, and execute a portfolio strategy which balances market forces, user experience, client requirements, and technical capability. The Head of Product will be expected to identify opportunities for growth or improvement and work with the Product team to enact change.
The Head of Product will pragmatically support the development and articulation of compelling and differentiated value propositions for Aptitude Software’s product portfolio. The position is inherently cross-functional and will work closely with development (engineering), sales, marketing and other departments to understand the competitive environment and to make decisions which consider the need for return on investment.
Working collectively with other appropriate teams, the Head of Product will also influence the future technology strategy of the business. There will be an expectation that the role will approach the role with a commercial mindset and rigor, always with an eye on mitigating risk and adding value to the clients and Aptitude Software. They will balance the near-term needs of our current customers with the long term growth of our business, and where possible validate this balance using empirical evidence and data.
The role will involve:
- Providing leadership, inspiration and direction to the Product team
- Engaging with the wider business to transform ideas and concepts into workable solutions
- Overall responsibility for the P&L of each Aptitude product.
- Driving a commercial focus in the management of our products and prioritization of backlogs, based around business value, revenue opportunity, and risk drivers.
- Developing a deep understanding of the global markets, potential prospects, clients and partners by leveraging insights from internal and external sources
- Owning a holistic strategy for the product portfolio and guiding teams and individuals through the activities required to deliver on that common vision
- Overseeing the product lifecycle management across the portfolio of products
- Building a strong network of internal and external connections who can support collaboration and provide valuable feedback across all areas of the business
- Influencing stakeholders across all levels of seniority, both internally to Aptitude and externally in partners, prospects, and clients to generate buy-in for complex initiatives and difficult decisions
- Representing Aptitude to partners, prospects, clients and the wider market with confidence and clarity
- Championing a process of continual improvement within the product team and connected business functions
- Encouraging creative thinking in employees and finding ways to nurture innovative thinking across all areas of the company.