At Aptitude we love complexity.
We immerse ourselves in the intricacies of finance digitization, subscription management, compliance, and revenue management which gives us the power to make a real impact. Once we understand how an organization works, we can implement software solutions that provide the clarity, confidence, and control they need to drive growth and achieve their ambitions.
Aptitude has served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients to achieve their strategies and ambitions. We are currently serving over 75 CFOs whose organisations generate a combined revenue of over $1 Trillion.
We are proud of our growing team of smart, motivated and passionate people, and believe diverse experiences and perspectives build stronger teams and better solutions.
Headquartered in London, we have seven office locations around the world with clients across four continents.
What you'll do and what we offer
As Regional Finance Director, you will be a key member of the regional leadership team
providing finance direction and oversight to the regional team.
This will include the provision of:-
- Insightful financial information to regional senior management that is timely, relevant, accurate, reliable, and actionable and enables them to take responsibility of their budget
- Commercial and financial advice on approaches with clients and prospects, ensuring the company’s interests are protected
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, a close working relationship will be required with
the leader of the regional team to ensure financial considerations and risk mitigation are
at the heart of decision making within the regional teams and group commercial / financial
policies and approaches are adhered to.
As part of the overall role, you must think commercially throughout the process of
preparing forecast information, to ensure the business’s strategy is truly reflected and that
targets are challenging but achievable to gain the necessary buy-in both internally and
externally. There will be an expectation that you identify and manage the risks contained
in the forecasts and effectively communicate these to the regional leadership team and
the wider Group’s leadership team.
You will be expected to maintain a strong connection to the global finance team and to
others across the wider business. Additional responsibilities will include, oversight of
regional external reporting and tax requirements, certain banking and a wider business
partnering role for a number of the Group’s central functions.
It is a given that a Regional Finance Director will proactively keep up-to-date with the latest
relevant finance knowledge, trends and skills to further their personal development, and
that they will contribute to the evolving company culture as and when required.
What we're looking for
Although not an exhaustive list, a Regional Finance Director must be proficient in the
following Skills and Behaviours.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the regional leadership team.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling effective working relationships to be built with
colleagues from all tiers of the organisational structure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable financial information
and principles to be articulated in a concise and logical way to ensure they can
be understood by non-finance colleagues.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and acute attention to detail when completing all
- Able to consistently provide timely and accurate forecasting information,
supporting rationale for variances from previous forecasts
- Strong analytical thinker.
- The ability to perform deep dives into data while still maintaining sight of the
- Ability to always maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Act as the steward within the region, always securing the highest level of
- Superb business modelling skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- A high level of commercial awareness and business acumen to enable
constructive conversations to be had with budget holders and to understand how
external factors can impact the business.
- Has a solid understanding of the company’s products, markets, and processes to
enable you to make effective decisions for the business.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the regions financial landscape.
- Highly organised with good time management skills to ensure reporting
deadlines are adhered to while also providing each budget holder with sufficient
time and support.
- Demonstrates a positive “can do” attitude.
- Highly-driven and self-motivated individual.
- Possess active listening skills.
- Initiative and responsibility – able to act proactively by identifying opportunities
and anticipate changes for the business.
- Able to effectively manage conflicting priorities and changing requirements.
- Able to develop and implement cost saving controls for the region.
- Graduate and Qualified Accountant with excellent understanding of financial
principles and their application.
- Able to produce, develop, implement and operate controls, including company
policies and procedures. Reassesses the suitability of the controls based on the
operation and monitoring of those activities and updates the controls as
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button below, including your CV/resume and any other relevant information that will help us get to know you better.
Diversity and Inclusion
If you’re interested in working at Aptitude, but don’t feel you meet every single requirement of the role, we’d still like to hear from you! A diverse workforce is an essential part of our culture, and we’re dedicated to ensuring that our staff can show up as their authentic self – safe in the knowledge that their differences will be embraced and respected by all. We’re strong advocates of supporting applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds which include different ages, genders, ethnicities, physical abilities and sexual orientation, and we work hard to build the confidence of our workforce through inclusivity, equity and ongoing training. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we’d encourage you to apply anyway. You might be just the candidate we’ve been looking for, whether it’s for this role or another.
Interim Regional Finance Director
London, England, United Kingdom Apply now