At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
As a Principal Functional Consultant, you will possess excellent domain knowledge and will assume project responsibility for the functional configuration of Aptitude Software (Aptitude) products and take ownership of components in the solution design. Critical to the success of your role will be your excellent client communication and management skills.
The role requires that your decision-making process considers risk and the commercial relationships between Aptitude and its clients, consistently striving to deliver value to all parties.
You may be required to run workshops in the Scope & Analysis phases to help develop a shared vision of the end-state solution with clients.
You will liaise with Aptitude’s product development teams to inform them when clients’ requirements cannot be met by the product and work to close those gaps.
You will help to establish best practices to be followed by your team to ensure that our delivery is fit for purpose. You will actively engage with the Centre of Excellence (CoE) and other project teams to share knowledge, best practices and lessons learned.
- Take responsibility for streams of work within the project; liaising with clients and leading other consultants
- Communicate in a concise and timely manner with stakeholder groups to ensure that critical information is conveyed at an appropriate level of detail
- Instigate best practice approaches with regards to relating requirements and/or accounting policies to the Aptitude product(s) capabilities requirements, and functional configuration activities
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to client business, finance and/or production support staff to facilitate handover
- Apply excellent knowledge of accounting principles and the various facets of Technical Accounting
- Detailed understanding of double entry, FX concepts and period end processes
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of products / financial instruments from an accounting perspective
- Develop interface requirements mapping documents and with the broader team advise parties involved in the data integration work
- Create functional specifications as part of the functional design process
- Work with the business to define accounting rules and related functional software configuration
- Be knowledgeable about finance control related matters and factor these into the solution design
- Manage and coach the implementation team to deliver to the required quality and time frames
- In the context of managed services, you will design, develop, implement and operate controls including policies and procedures for Aptitude’s Cloud Services system. You will reassess the suitability of design and implementation of control activities based on the operation and monitoring of those activities and update the controls as necessary
- Conduct detailed functional, (design and/or configuration) reviews as and when required
What we're looking for:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Leadership experience of working in Finance within Financial Services in a line role (Product Control, Stat. & Reg Reporting)
- Preferably qualified in Accounting
- Experience in defining and implementing Accounting Policy and the rules to create journal debit and credit lines for various financial lifecycle based events
- Experience of designing Financial Systems/General Ledger projects within Financial Services
- Experience in General Ledger package configuration considered an advantage
- Experience working with data driven projects is important, as is implementation of solutions within component architectures Data Warehouses, data-marts, accounting engines, sub-ledgers. MIS or Business Intelligence, EDA, SOA, BI, ETL
- Experience in Finance and Risk Data Warehouses considered an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in enterprise wide projects, with an ability to engage with senior level executives, such as CFOs, Global Treasurers, and Finance Directors
- Has presence, credibility and is able to gain the buy-in of a diverse community of business stakeholders, technology teams, peers, project managers, and external partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Can lead discussions in meetings and becomes a trusted advisor
- Highly intelligent, creative and innovative, but with the discipline, hands-on approach and personal drive to achieve practical results
- Ability to match between requirements of the client and the features of product we offer and design the best solution
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) in English
Where you'll be
Singapore with regular travel to client and project teams for extended periods.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply now button below and include your CV and any other information that will help us get to know you better.
Principal Functional Consultant