At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
We have experienced incredible growth over the last few years and we are excited to further grow our team with smart, motivated, passionate people who share our three core values – being one think ahead, being the guru and being the difference. We are proud of the team we’re building, and believe diverse experiences and perspectives build stronger teams and better products.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
The Product Management team sits at the technical and commercial intersection of the business and is responsible for designing a portfolio strategy which ensures Aptitude Software is evolving product capability in line with current and future market demands. The team collectively shapes the future direction of the Aptitude Software product portfolio in line with company strategy and ensures the company maintains and grows a leading position in its key markets.
The Product Management team is the voice of and expert in the products within Aptitude Software’s portfolio internally and externally. They control the evolution of the product through collecting market, client and prospect requirements and ensuring that the development function executes on those to maximize the commercial success of the business.
We are currently seeking two Product Managers to join the Product Management team. Aptitude’s Product Managers define the vision and strategy for our portfolio of products. They immerse themselves in our markets to understand the interaction of industry trends, technology, competition and user needs, and they use this understanding to drive activity across the entire business to capitalize on new opportunities.
Product Managers play a crucial role aligning all facets of the business behind a common vision for their product. They develop a strong network of stakeholders across all functions and levels of seniority in the business, and work daily to influence their network to drive optimal outcomes for complex products in a highly matrixed environment.
Product Managers are constantly searching for new opportunities to deliver value to our clients, and they will lead any work to design and execute strategic initiatives for their product. They cultivate a deep appreciation for the needs of our users, both through direct engagement and regular work with Aptitude’s sales, marketing, client success, support, and user experience teams.
Product Managers work closely with others in the Product and Development functions to rigorously manage demand and separate the “nice to have” from the commercial necessities, supporting this using empirical evidence where possible.
The Product Manager will lead all product strategy activities, including:
- Defining the vision, direction, and unique value proposition of the product
- Identifying and articulating the market problems their product addresses
- Actively engaging with client and prospect end-users to identify any gaps in our product-market fit, and producing a plan to address them
- Analyzing Aptitude’s competitors for product threats and opportunities
- Leading market segmentation, trend analysis, and distribution channel / model research for their product’s go to market strategy
- Working closely with the Head of Product to define how their product’s value proposition fits into the value delivered by Aptitude’s portfolio as a whole
- Lead any work to assemble a business case for product investment or expansion in collaboration with Aptitude’s Product Strategy & Innovation and Strategic Finance Advisory teams
- Influencing stakeholders across all levels of seniority, both internally to Aptitude and externally in partners, prospects, and clients to generate buy-in for complex initiatives and difficult decisions
- Identifying opportunities to serve or leverage our partner communities with their product to drive value for Aptitude
- Analyzing the product P&L to drive revenue growth and cost efficiencies
- Evangelizing their product to Aptitude stakeholders and the wider market through thought leadership with confidence and clarity
The Product Manager will support others on the team in the operational management of their product, including:
- Guiding teams and individuals through the activities required to deliver on the product vision
- Working closely with Aptitude’s User Experience team to research and refine buyer and user personas / journeys in order to ensure their product is continuously delivering value to key audiences
- Working closely with a Product Owner or Product Associate to define the product roadmap and ensure the backlog is effectively prioritized to deliver optimal value
- Helping the Product and Development teams effectively manage demand on their product by balancing commercial, technical, and functional perspectives with constant advocacy for our end users
- Working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Presales teams to support strategic sales opportunities for their product
- Championing a process of continual improvement within the product team and connected business functions
It is a given that the Aptitude’s Product Managers will proactively keep up-to-date with relevant knowledge and skills and that they will be aligned to the evolving company culture.