The main purpose of the role is to deliver agile / Scrum practices and add business value to the software delivery process. The Scrum Master will work towards removing any impediments that prevent the team from achieving sprint goals, and help improve the Product Owners effectiveness in maintaining the Product backlog and release plan. This role would suit a confident and ambitious candidate who has solid experience of agile methodologies and associated practices such as Continuous Integration and DevOps. The candidate must be a strong facilitator who works with the team coaching, mentoring and developing the Scrum methodology.
What you'll do
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to use Agile principles and the Scrum framework to bring business value
- Serve and facilitate the multi-disciplined team and (UK/US based) Product Owner to ensure requirements are successfully translated into working software
- Assess Agile Maturity of the team and work with the team to increase the maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Take full responsibility for the processes agreed in the project
- Partner with Product Owner, Business Analysts, Developers and Testers. Act as an interface between the technical team and the business
- Focus on short term sprint goals, and also guide the Product Owner in developing, maintaining and grooming the Product Backlog.
- Schedule and facilitate Scrum events including sprint planning sessions, daily scrums, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives
- Maintain the Scrum team’s capacity plan, Scrum board, sprint backlog, team performance charts
- Take full responsibility for reporting progress of sprints. Identify and communicate issues and potential risks to the completion of Sprints, including resources, requirements and external dependencies. Proactively escalate as appropriate
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Ensure that the team has the correct skills available to deliver against committed deliverables, and encourage and aid the team’s commitment to delivery
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes & experience:
- Strong understanding of Scrum practices and principles
- Ideally a Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Solid working knowledge of JIRA
- Ability to work in a fluid, ambiguous and fast changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability of facilitate and lead a well performing agile development team
- Ability to mediate constructively between the Product Owner and team, as well as the wider business to deliver on collective goals and ensure successful delivery
- Natural ability to analyse issues and provide resolution options
- Experience working with practices such as DevOps, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Test Automation, etc.
- Educated to degree level or higher
- Excellent spoken and written English
Where you'll be
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button below and include your CV and any other relevant information that will help us get to know you better.