At Aptitude Software we provide software solutions that create a world of financial confidence.
We uniquely combine deep finance expertise and IP rich technology to enable finance professionals to run their global businesses, forecast decision outcomes and comply with complex regulations.
We are proud to have served the offices of finance for over 20 years, delivering financial control and insights to empower our clients achieve their strategies and ambitions. Aptitude Software supports businesses with combined revenues approaching $1 trillion and over 500 million end customers.
Headquartered in London, Aptitude Software is an operating company of Aptitude Software Group plc.
What you'll do
The Senior Project Manager is the key expert in the domain and provides steering and support to numerous projects. You will be expected to fully understand and ensure the agreed outcomes of the implementation are delivered and will be ultimately accountable for the success of the overall project delivery, including, but not limited to, commercial success, robustness of the solution, client satisfaction, a stable and fulfilled implementation team.
You will be responsible for performing a project management role, typically within large-scale strategic client delivery programmes of Aptitude Software products and services, whilst supporting the Senior Delivery Director, APAC with respect to portfolio delivery management and strategic initiatives.
Critical to the success of this will be your excellent client communication and management skills. You are expected to drive and inspire others around you.
- Plan all aspects of delivery including budget, quality, risk (commercial & delivery), customer satisfaction and solution assurance.
- Manage and provide guidance to other members of the project team to ensure delivery against plan.
- Drive and own the implementation of best practice project processes (including agile where appropriate), delivery standards and commercial engagement terms.
- Escalation management of project out of line situations including stakeholder communication and management.
- Establish and maintain a “trusted advisor” relationship with the client and partner stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels: C level, finance, IT and project.
- Work closely with the sales teams and delivery management to represent Delivery on sales opportunities.
Portfolio Delivery Management
- Provide management oversight for the delivery of an assigned portfolio of client delivery projects, ensuring delivery to plan and minimising risk.
- Assist where appropriate in defining strategic business requirements and to understand complex client needs.
Risk and issue management assistance for delivery teams as a point of escalation.
- Maintain a ‘helicopter’ aerial view on detail and project delivery and provide summary level management updates of status.
- Assist with commercial aspects of project delivery including SoW negotiation, preparation and renewal, and any related contract challenges and payment delinquency.
- Serve on client program delivery governance forums (Steer Co’s etc.) if required.
- In the context of managed services, you will be able to design, develop, implement and operate controls including policies and procedures for Aptitude’s Cloud Services system.
- Lead and/or undertake assigned projects with the purpose of improving the operations of the Professional Services organisation or the firm in general.
- Participate in designated cross functional leadership teams to ensure alignment of the Sales, Product, and Delivery functions of the firm.
- Own or assist with the preparation of materials for management forums, and papers in support of senior management requests.
- Act as a coach and mentor for aspiring Project Managers in region.
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Experience managing and maintaining related resource planning/forecasting and deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively and be able to influence C-level and director level senior management.
- Proven track record of playing key customer facing roles on Finance Transformation projects within Financial Services considered advantageous.
- Strong ownership skills, with a results driven attitude.
- Commanding, detailed and confident.
- Experience in managing large scale implementations and preferably experience working with a recognized consulting firm.
- Comfortable managing projects within complex client business environments (e.g. multiple business units and legal entities).
- Experienced in full SDLC.
- Experience with managing third parties, i.e. contractors, partners.
- Extensive experience in issue management and resolution, governance and controls.
- Background in finance-based applications, i.e. General Ledgers, ERPs, Data Warehouses and BI platforms.
- Experienced in either Insurance, Banking or Telecommunications industries.
- Experience in projects requiring a high level of systems integration.
- Experience with implementing complex product and services.
- Use of multiple project management/development methodologies e.g. Waterfall, RUP, Agile, Scrum.
- Experienced with project delivery via distributed teams including near and offshore resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in either IT, Accountancy, Business related or similar, preferably also with a project management qualification, e.g. Scrum master, Prince2, PMP.
Where you'll be
Singapore with regional travel.
How to apply
Please click on the Apply now button below and include your CV and any other information that will help us to get to know you better.